OSOD closely partners with MERIT CRO, Inc. MERIT is a network of established ophthalmic reading centers and ocular clinical trial experts that offers a complete spectrum of integrated ophthalmic clinical trial services (from preclinical to clinical phases I-IV). MERIT experts are unified through common standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality control and assurance, regulatory compliance, and computing infrastructure. Their expertise encompasses a diverse array of ophthalmic testing methods including fundus photography and angiography, optical coherence tomography, fundus autofluorescence imaging, automated visual field testing, and electrophysiological testing.
MERIT's cloud-based software application, EXCELSIOR™, was built specifically for supporting image data collection and management of ophthalmic clinical trials, utilizing the latest web and imaging technologies for data standardization, analysis, grading and reporting. That same functionality is now available for preclinical studies through EXCELSIOR™ Preclinical.
The distinct advantages that EXCELSIOR™ Preclinical offers to pharmaceutical companies and drug development teams include:
- Interactive functionality for viewing, evaluating, and compiling ophthalmic images
- Robust tools for data management and analysis, including:
- Automated tabling of summarized and individual data
- Customizable grading templates for ophthalmic images and ophthalmic examination (OE) data
- Analytical graphing functions for numerical data
- Easy but secure online accessibility to images and data, allowing study progress tracking at any time, and any place
- Harmonization of image analysis and image grading despite differing instrumentation and modalities.